Friday, June 13, 2014

A week in Hood River, with a quick detour to California.

Ahh Hood River.  Such a fun place.  I arrived Thursday, wrote a post and then geared up for Post and Pint.  My friend Mitchel owns the coolest bike shop in Oregon.  Dirty Fingers.  Every Thursday the shop ride heads out to Post Canyon to ride, and then enjoy a beer after.  This week was special.  It was Enduro week.  The Oregon Enduro had come to today and a large number were in attendance to pre ride the courses.  Another nice thing about Enduro week.  There was a shuttle to the top of Post Canyon!



This is the line up for the shuttle.  50 people!  Enduro Madness!


Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were Enduro time.  No Racing for me!  I rode the race courses, relaxed, and watched some racing.

Sunday!  Heckle time!  It was time to costume up and get out and cheer on the racing!




Monday another mellow day in Hood River.  Rode the whoop de doo trail east of Hod River.  Such nice single track and the views!



Tuesday we rode Sandy Ridge.  About an hour south of Hood River, it is a well set up trail haven.  


 Mitchel, Lars, and I


 
Mt. Hood

Wednesday!  Epic Ride Wednesday.  Off to Washington to ride Surveyors Ridge.  25 miles of back country single track.  




Thursday it was time to leave Hood River.  I had to make a quick trip back to California to get a SMOG check on my truck.  It is due in August, and this was the closest to California I will be for a long time.  No point in fighting the Government.  Buckle down and get it done.  Now its off to Whistler!  

Nice up side.  I got to explore Yreka, Ca.  One of the nicest small towns in all of California.  







1 comment:

  1. My friend, Mandy grew up in Yreka. Unfortunately, I never got to visit. Sounds nice!

    Those vistas look amazing!

    ReplyDelete