Thursday, June 5, 2014

Let the Adventure Begin!

What a great week its been.  Arrived in Hood River today, and planning to spend the next week here.

Left SoCal last Saturday and spent the weekend with family in Johnsondale, CA hiking and fishing.  It was a great way to get things started and just a short hop to get out of the city.

June 1st, Sunday Afternoon  I set off towards Bishop, Ca.  Driving up Sherman Pass, and then down 9 Mile Canyon.  Certainly the back way and one of the most scenic drives in Southern California.



Crusing toward Bishop, I was not sure where I would stop for the night.  It was getting dark, and I was ready to stop just past Lone Pine.  I saw a sign for Goodale Creek Campground, and went left.  Gotta love the BLM, good clean campground for $5. 


June 2nd, Monday:  Off to Bishop and Mammoth.  Love that place.  Rode Lower Rock Creek between Bishop and Mammoth.  While not really my style, I really enjoyed getting out to ride.


Nice ride.  Up to Mammoth for lunch and to choose what to do with the day.






After lunch I made up my mind and continued north!  I got to Carson City and almost just kept going, almost.  My heart lead me up to Tahoe, and I was very happy!  Amazing place!

June 3rd, Tueday:  Tahoe!  Wow, amazing place.



A quick Google search brought me to the T.A.M.B.A web site.  A great resource for riding in South Lake Tahoe. http://mountainbiketahoe.org/


I chose to hit the Coral Trails and it was a good decision.  I rode up the road, to the Armstrong Connector, and then down Coral Trail.  I enjoyed Coral Trail so much rode up and did it again.






After a great ride it was time to continue north.  All the way to Crater Lake, OR for the night.

June 4th, Wednesday:  Breakfast at Crater Lake.  Off to Bend, Or to explore the trails there.





Again google search yields another amazing trails association.  This time it was C.O.T.A.  http://cotamtb.com/

On their recommendation it was off to Phils Trails.  A rad ride was had.  So fun in fact, I neglected to take any pictures.  That and there were not really any good vistas to take pictures of, just really fun trails.



June 5th, Thursday.  Hood River!  Spending the week here.  Hanging out at Dirty Fingers Bike Shop, watching the National Enduro race in Post Canyon.  And of course riding my brains out!




No comments:

Post a Comment